Have you heard of the law of attraction but are not sure what it means, what it does or how it may be of use to you?
According to Wikipedia: The law of attraction is a metaphysical belief or theory, that “like attracts like,” and that by focusing on positive or negative thoughts, one can bring about positive or negative results.
According to the law of attraction, the phrase “I need more money” or “I don’t have enough money” allows the subject to continue to “need more money” or “not have enough money”.
If the subject wants to change this they would focus their thoughts on the goal (having more money) rather than the problem (needing more money). This might take the form of phrases such as “I have more money now” or “I have more money than I need.”
To put it simply you can attract into your life whatever you think about.
The Law of Attraction
The Law of Attraction is not something new. In 1906 the phrase was used by William Walker Atkinson in his book Thought Vibration or the Law of Attraction in the Thought World.
Wallace D. Wattles’ book “The Science of Getting Rich” also suggests that believing and focusing on an object or goal will lead to that object or goal being realized.
Napoleon Hill author of Think and Grow Rich – which is one of the best selling books of all time – is also said to have been heavily influenced by the law of attraction.
In fact the law of attraction has long been championed by self-improvement and personal development experts such as Jack Canfield, Bob Procter and many others.
The Law of Attraction has been popularized in recent years by books and films such as The Secret. The Secret a film based on the law of attraction was made in 2006. A year later it was developed into a book. The movie, book and author Rhonda Byrne gained widespread attention in the media and was featured on The Oprah Winfrey Show in the United States.
In the article below the author explains the six principles for success as prescribed by the law of atrraction.
The Law of Attraction and the Six Principles for Success
by Manuel Karkafiris
Our emotions play a pivotal role in not only in the way we feel, but they are a good indication of the results that we can expect in our life. This means that when we consistently follow principle emotions in our life, we increase the probability of success.
The following summary of the six principles for success indicate how we can attract more good in our life, which ultimately leads to better health, more prosperity and outstanding relationships.
1. LOVE: it is important that you love and accept yourself. If you do not accept yourself with love, then how are you going to love someone else? When you start to appreciate yourself, you in turn start to appreciate others.
No comparisons to others, either! This is a fruitless exercise, for you are unique. Has there ever been anyone else like you, will there ever be anyone else like you? That consideration alone, you need to love.
2. GRATITUDE: Gratitude is a powerful energy, so by you expressing a grateful attitude towards what you have in your life, you are locking into the attraction of abundance in your life. Gratitude can be likened to gravity: you throw it up; it comes back down to you. You get more of what you are grateful about. You need to express it.
3. FORGIVENESS: The first step in this process is to FORGIVE YOURSELF FIRST. The act of unforgiveness can be likened to you carrying around a heavy sack of rocks on your back. It basically means that you are carrying around more baggage than is healthy. The key to fulfillment in life is to release the baggage and walk free!
An effective way of achieving forgiveness is by the act of writing a letter to those you wish to release from your mind and body. (Please note that you DO NOT have to send the letter- it is the intention of experiencing the emotional release.) The idea is to do this quickly, unconsciously, without forethought. You are training your mind to let the unresolved resentment go.
The aim is to bring out the negative associations beginning with anger, sadness, fear and hurt until you can climb the ladder of emotion to love.
Begin the letter with “I am angry that…” and let your letter flow where it may, making sure that you cover all the relevant points. The ultimate aim is to allow yourself the gift of liberation so that you may live your life in peace.
Should the act of forgiveness of others prove difficult to you, it would pay to keep in mind a crucial consideration. Just because that person was in a bad state before, it does not mean he/she will always be in such a state. This alone will assist in your act of forgiveness. There is no such thing as an unresourceful person, only unresourceful thoughts. It was that person’s thoughts at that time that made him/her to act in the way that has lead to your needing to forgive them.
4. CONTRIBUTION/GIVING. As in the case in forgiveness, it is essential for you to contribute to yourself first. You can do this by rewarding yourself whenever you have achieved something worthwhile.
When it comes to contributing to others, you will discover that in the act of giving, you have a variety of gifts at your disposal. You can contribute your time, love and knowledge, in fact anything that serves to enrich the lives of others.
The process by which the Universe works is known as the law of reciprocation. If you give to someone, that person will want to give something back to you and so the continuum proceeds.
The key point to remember about the act of contribution is:
IF YOU WANT SOMETHING, YOU NEED TO CONTRIBUTE IT FIRST.
If, for example, you want more love in your life, you need to give love first. The same principle applies to money. Contribution is energy, it has a rebounding effect.
5. ACCESSING PEACE: When you are at peace with yourself, you are actually at your highest connectedness to the Universe and in the state of highest creativity. It is therefore essential to engage in activities that engender peace. Meditation. Fasting. Being close to nature. Detoxifying/cleansing your body. Prayer.
Meditation is vital for accessing peace. Sit silently, ponder and mentally ask questions and the answers that are already there will come to you. You just need to take that first step.
6. FAITH: Faith overcomes fear. Faith and fear are mutually exclusive. Like oil and water, they simply don’t mix.
The fact is, that you practice faith on a daily basis. You have faith that your car and your driving skills will get you from A to B, or that the bus driver will deliver you safely to your destination. The key is to actively practice faith in your life. Remember: you will see it when you believe it!
Begin to visualise your life’s goal and emotionalise it. Have faith in its manifestation and take the necessary action to bring it into your life.
Manuel Karkafiris is a Director of SOL Results. He is a sought after Master Coach, Business Entrepreneur and Internationally Certified NLP Trainer. He can be contacted on [email protected] or solresults.com
Download a free copy of Law of Attraction and access other Law of attraction articles.
The Law of Attraction is about helping others. If you have any advice, suggestions you want to share with others, questions that you would like answered, useful articles or comments that will be of help to others – simply use our comments form below to post or reply to a topic.