If you need a sample template to illustrate what your Chef catering CV / resume should contain then consider the following targeted format.
There is a vast difference between a Head Chef in a small hotel or restaurant and a Head Chef of a busy, well-known restaurant – so you should be honest and make your experiences evident.
Remember that exaggerating or embellishing your CV / resume might get you an interview; but you would not look very genuine if you had to explain that you had oversold yourself.
The example CV below is suited for a chef, grill chef or for a catering role.
Skills and qualities to be highlighted on your Chef Catering CV / resume
Before you construct your Chef CV / resume, make sure you analyse the job advert and the person specification to ensure that you are a suitable candidate. Doing this is a great way of identifying what the employer is looking for and making sure your CV / resume ticks all the boxes.
- Your ability to plan and create appealing menus
- Experience of supervising kitchen staff members in the use of all equipment and hygiene procedures
- Knowledge organising and monitoring controls of food quality, presentation and service
- Your qualifications, experience and skills
- Special areas of expertise (e.g grill, pastry, sous)
- Experience in nutrition including knowledge of relevant diets
- Your ability to work well and remain calm under pressure
- Your ability to work and perform well in a team
- Knowledge of Health & Safety regulations
The sample Chef / Catering CV below can be adapted for more prestigious roles by explaining the posts you have held, establishments you have worked in and duties performed in further detail.
Sample Chef Catering CV / resume template
Located in Anytown
An experienced Pub / Restaurant Chef who is very keen and hardworking. Enjoys cooking and doing food presentations. Very focused and can take control of a kitchen and work well within a team. Possesses the ability to exercise initiative and perseverance to achieve results.
Currently seeking a role in the catering industry to further advance his skills and broaden his experience in this field.
- Excellent communication skills
- Organisational skills
- Team Player
- Flexible approach
Trainee Head Chef The Three Graces Hotel, Anytown May 2016 to date
As a trainee Head Chef, my current duties are:
- Managing food prep and kitchen operations as Team Leader
- Assisting with the day to day running of a busy kitchen
- Preparing requested dishes
- Inspecting dining and serving areas to ensure cleanliness and proper setup.
- Ensuring that the kitchen area maintained in line with Health & Safety regulations
Trainee Head Chef / Kitchen Manager The Swish Hotel, Anytown Aug 13 – May 16
Responsible for the day to day operations of running a kitchen.
- Prepared orders
- Ordered food supplies
- Dealt with staff queries
Head Chef The Nag’s Head Public House, Anytown Mar 10 – Aug 13
Working in a busy take away outlet my duties were:
- Handled cash transactions
- Prepared and served all the food
- Creating new recipes for the menu
- Cleaning, maintaining and sanitising utensils, equipment, counters and floors
Development and Training:
- Health and safety
- Basic foods
- First Aid
Anytown College GCSE Maths (C), English (C), Double Science (B) (C), History (C)
In my leisure time I enjoy going fishing and spending time with my family.
References available on request
Create your own online Chef CV now
Before you send out your Chef Catering CV / resume, you should get someone you trust to check for spelling and grammar mistakes and make sure you have an effective cover letter to introduce your Chef Catering CV / resume.
Go to our sample CV cover letters section if you are looking for great example cover letters in your field to introduce your CV/resume to a prospective employer.
Alternatively you can download a software program, such as that enables you to produce powerful letters by following their process.
Once you have constructed a great CV and a covering letter that will impress, you can search for a job in your country and overseas, find the latest chef or catering jobs and start applying instantly by uploading your CV / resume online.
Whatever your profession go to our sample CV / resumes by job title page where you can find:
Sample Chronological CV / resume
Sample Administrative Assistant CV / resume
Sample Change of Career CV / resume
Sample Electronics Engineer CV / resume
Sample Graduate Admin CV / resume
Sample Graduate Business CV / resume
Sample IT Project Manager CV / resume
Mature Job Seekers CV / resume
Sample Nursery Nurse CV / resume
Sample Warehouse Operative CV / resume
Want help with your Chef / Catering CV? Let us know so that we can provide the assistance you need.
If you have any suggestions, tips, questions, comments, need help writing a professional CV/resume or would like further information on how to write a Chef CV or resume, then use the comment form below and we will gladly try and get the advice and guidance that you need.