We all have role models or people we admire. Usually these are successful people who have achieved fame and are leaders in their field; whether in business, politics, entertainment or sports.
Many have been blessed with a talent or intellect, but others are just ‘normal people’ who have worked hard for their success. So what made them succeed where others have not? Could having a positive attitude be the reason?
Often people underestimate the power of positive thinking and the importance of having a positive attitude. However simply reading an inspirational quote or thinking positive thoughts can have a profound effect.
What is a positive attitude?
This excellent article by Remez Sasson goes a long way to explain just what a positive attitude is and how having one can help in many situations.
The Power of Positive Attitude
Positive attitude helps to cope more easily with the daily affairs of life. It brings optimism into your life, and makes it easier to avoid worry and negative thinking. If you adopt it as a way of life, it will bring constructive changes into your life, and makes them happier, brighter and more successful. With a positive attitude you see the bright side of life, become optimistic and expect the best to happen. It is certainly a state of mind that is well worth developing and strengthening.
Positive attitude manifests in the following ways:
- Positive thinking.
- Constructive thinking.
- Creative thinking.
- Expecting success.
- Motivation to accomplish your goals.
- Being inspired.
- Choosing happiness.
- Not giving up.
- Looking at failure and problems as blessings in disguise.
- Believing in yourself and in your abilities.
- Displaying self-esteem and confidence.
- Looking for solutions.
- Seeing opportunities.
A positive attitude leads to happiness and success and can change your whole life. If you look at the bright side of life, your whole life becomes filled with light. This light affects not only you and the way you look at the world, but also your whole environment and the people around you. If it is strong enough, it becomes contagious.
The benefits of a positive attitude:
- Helps achieving goals and attaining success.
- Success achieved faster and more easily.
- More happiness.
- More energy.
- Greater inner power and strength.
- The ability to inspire and motivate yourself and others.
- Fewer difficulties encountered along the way.
- The ability to surmount any difficulty.
- Life smiles at you.
- People respect you.
Negative attitude says: you cannot achieve success.
Positive attitude says: You can achieve success.
If you have been exhibiting a negative attitude and expecting failure and difficulties, it is now the time to change the way you think. It is time to get rid of negative thoughts and behavior and lead a happy and successful life. Why not start today? If you have tried and failed, it only means that you have not tried enough.
Developing a positive attitude that will lead you to happiness and success:
– Choose to be happy.
– Look at the bright side of life.
– Choose to be and stay optimistic.
– Find reasons to smile more often.
– Have faith in yourself and in the Power of the Universe.
– Contemplate upon the futility of negative thinking and worries.
– Associate yourself with happy people.
– Read inspiring stories.
– Read inspiring quotes.
– Repeat affirmations that inspire and motivate you.
– Visualize only what you want to happen.
– Learn to master your thoughts.
– Learn concentration and meditation.
by Remez Sasson
Has this article shown you what you really want in your life? Has it inspired you to Change Your Life?
Now that you know what you really want in your life, Change Your Life in 30 Days ebook is a great way for you to start improving your life and becoming the person you always wanted to be.
Please let us know if you have a favourite inspirational quote that you would like to share with others, advice, suggestions, questions that you would like answered, useful articles or comments that will be of help to others – simply use our form below to post or reply to a topic.